When you visit Ellsworth CRC, here's what you can expect:
- Our services last about an hour. We're not particular about exactly how long they go, as long as the Word is proclaimed.
- We sing a variety of music in every service: ancient and modern hymns, praise songs. Some Sundays we're led by the Praise Band with guitars, piano, drums, and more. Other Sundays we're led by the organ or piano. If you're not used to singing, don't worry -- none of us are professionals, and we love to make a joyful noise under our arched ceiling.
- We dress casual -- shorts in the summer, sweaters in the winter. Dresses and jeans are equally common. If you really want to fit in, wear red plaid flannel. We're up north, after all!
- Bring your kids along and have them sit with you if they're able. We love kids and their antics, and expect a little chaos. We make activity bags for kids ages 3+ to join in worship -- grab one from the basket at the top of the west stairs.
- You are welcome to use are nursery with your young children. We don't currently have nursery volunteers due to COVID-19. Please clean up after yourself!
We do not require masks anywhere in our building (current in March 2022). Much of our elderly congregation is fully vaccinated and a few people wear masks. However, policies and practices may change quickly according to the local situation, so contact the church for the latest update. Please check community transmission levels using the CDC widget below. We are in Antrim County, Michigan; some of our members live in Charlevoix County.