When you visit Ellsworth CRC, here's what you can expect:
- Our services last about an hour. We're not particular about exactly how long they go, as long as the Word is proclaimed.
- We sing a variety of music in every service: ancient and modern hymns, praise songs. Some Sundays we're led by the Praise Band with guitars, piano, drums, and more. Other Sundays we're led by the organ or piano. If you're not used to singing, don't worry -- none of us are professionals, and we love to make a joyful noise under our arched ceiling.
- We dress casual -- shorts in the summer, sweaters in the winter. Dresses and jeans are equally common. If you really want to fit in, wear plaid flannel. We're up north, after all!
- Due to COVID-19, things are a bit different.
- We welcome visitors, both online and in-person.
- Due to recent outbreaks in our community, we encourage everyone to worship online if able.
- We remain open for in-person worship, but ask that you let us know before coming so we can plan based on capacity.
- We recommend you wear a mask in the sanctuary, though it is optional. Typically about half of our congregation wears masks.
- We require that you wear a mask in all the basement areas. If you need to be in a mask-required area, we recommend worshipping from the basement overflow room.
- We are trying various things to reduce risk of spreading the virus: reduced singing, moving singing to the end of the service, shorter services overall, etc.
- For the latest information, please contact the church office or our Facebook page.
- Bring your kids along and have them sit with you if they're able. We love kids and their antics, and expect a little chaos. We make activity bags for each service for kids 3+.
- Due to COVID-19, the nursery is currently closed. Parents of younger children often worship in the basement overflow room, where kids are welcome to spread out and play.